So this was transfer week. As I said the weather wasn't the best. In fact it snowed this week. It was Elder Manu'as first time in the snow and he lost his mind. He was so excited. Deep down he is still only 10 years old :) haha. But transfers came and went and our whole district will largely stay the same sooo it wasn't too exciting. Another 6 weeks in York and I am happy to stay!
The work is still going well. We are seeing a lot of our investigators more regularly now especially A. and S.. S. came to church again this week but it seems like we may of reached the end with him. He loves the people in the Mormon church but there are still just certain things that hold him back. He is a great guy and we will try our best this week to help him get his answer. But as we have talked with him on the phone he just says that he doesn't think he can force himself to believe in the Church. No matter what the end result is with him, he is still one of the biggest miracles I have seen on my mission. A. is doing well. She really wants to be baptized next month but there are still several mountains that need to be climbed for that to work. But she recognizes Gods hand in her life and the members are doing a great job in supporting her.
Elder Manu'a and I had a really strange/ funny experience this week. So while walking around an area in York late at night we come across four kids/youth. As we walked by them they shouted certain things at us so me and Elder Manu'a just sort of laughed and moved on to our destination. Well these kids did not like that we laughed so as we were walking back past their area they start hitting us (and by us, I mean me) with sticks. Now it sounds wimpy but these were pretty thick sticks and it definitely wasn't the most pleasant feeling in the world haha. I had welts on my legs but its all good now. This could sound bad but it was actually pretty funny. I guess that's what we get for talking back :).
This week was another good one for finding but with the success that we have been having we started to get a bit complaisant. So towards the end of this week we tried to step it up. We went for the "be as excited without looking creepy" as you can approach. Basically when someone opens the door you just say whatever you want but in the most exciting way possible. Some people were a bit taken back and it probably scared them but most people were receptive. If anyone has any ideas how we can change up our finding even more, please let me know. I would especially love to hear how other missions do it.
Well that's it for this week. I have been studying the New Testament lately and I am loving it. I came across this scripture in my study shorty after our trial..."Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5: 10.
Love you all!
Elder Walter
More Mexican food
Some of the district
No comments:
Post a Comment