Monday, April 4, 2016

Obedience

Hello everybody! Hope it's all good in the hood wherever you may be! This week was busy, busy, busy but we were still able to see some amazing miracles! Let's get to it:

General conference- general conference was great! We were able to watch most of the sessions except for the last one which I am quite sad about because I heard it was great as well. My favourite talk from what I saw was one by President Uchtdorf. He talked about God restoring our lives and about obedience. I believe he said something like "obedience is the life-blood of faith". He also talked about how we should view obedience not as rules we have to live by,but liberating guidelines that lead us to eternal life.

We have seen some amazing progression with W. once again this week. Just yesterday he went his first day for over 60 years without a cigarette. If that's not faith then I don't know what is. So this week we are going to work on setting a specific date for him to be baptized. We are also working with a couple of other people looking to make changes in their lives.  We have some great people here in Hull and right now we are trying to focus on finding the "one". So we are starting to go by the spirit more while we are finding. Looking for some more miracles cause we can't get enough!

Attend a few meetings this week. In Hull we have some great senior couple missionaries and during one of the meetings they talked about the enabling power of the atonement. It was really uplifting to see the power that can come from using the atonement in our life. It's an amazing gift so we should use it.

So far on my mission I have really learned the importance of obedience. The more obedient we are the happier we are. This doesn't only apply in mission life but in every aspect of it. As I have been in England I have seen how keeping commandment leads to being the happiest of people. Moral of the story, be obedient and you will be
happy.

Well I am off. Love y'all.

Elder Walter



Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment