Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Transfers, baptisms and driving tests

Hey everybody! What an eventful week! It has been a party. Transfers, baptisms, and driving tests..... Here we go...

So I took my driving test.... And I failed. It was so disappointing! The test wasn't hard and the whole test I only got 2 minors (out of 15 you are allowed to have) but on the last roundabout I made a mistake. He told me to take a specific exit but I misunderstood him and ended up doing something that was an automatic fail... So there you go. I will be taking the test again next month. Hopefully it goes better. I have gotten really used to the driving here on the wrong side of the road so I am worried about my driving adjustment back home.

We were able to have the baptism of Mark this week which was great! He was so happy and it was a beautiful day as well. We filled the font early but unbeknownst to us the water was boiling. So when we went to do the actual baptizing the guy who was going to baptize, Mark, stepped in and the water scalded his foot. So for the next 10 minutes we had to pour buckets of cold water into the font to get it to a normal temperature. But it all worked out in the end. Steven came to the service and he loved it. He asked if he could "jump in after Mark" but we told him he has got to wait his turn in a couple weeks haha.

This week was transfers and we found out that.... I will be staying. Sadly, Elder Iakopo will be leaving me but he is going to the blessed land of York 2, my old area. He is going to love it. My new companion is another Swede named Elder Stiggson. He was in Beverley just 4 months ago so I already know him quite well.

Well that's the week! Have a great one. Love ya!

Elder Walter



No comments:

Post a Comment