Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sheffield

What's good in the hood. Well transfers has come and gone and there have been some exciting changes! 

The work is going well as usual. We are still working with some sweet families. The Portuguese family is progressing well. They are reading scriptures as a family and becoming involved in some of the ward activities. It has been great to see. 

Had a cool experience this week. So in Beverley, when I was with Elder Iakopo, we knocked on a guys door named Ryan. We had a good conversation with him but he said it wasn't the right time. About a month later he walked into church and said he was ready to give it a try. So we taught him a few times and then he had to move to university. Well, I found out this week that he was baptised and that he is doing great! I love hearing things like this! :) 

Transfers- oh yeah. So I found out I will be getting transferred. I am going to Sheffield 1 to serve with a guy named Elder Palmer who has been out for only 6 weeks. This will likely be the area where I will spend my last three months. 

It has been 9 months straight in the Hull zone so it's bittersweet to leave. One thing really stuck out to at testimony meeting on Sunday. Peter, a recent convert in Hull, bore his testimony and talked about how much better his life had become since he came into the church. From the day we knocked on his door to 6 months later that change has been incredible. Six months ago he was very shy and today he was speaking in front of 100+ people. It's moments like that that make a mission. 

Well that's it for the week. Peace homies! 

Elder Walter 



No comments:

Post a Comment