Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Working with President Obama

Hey everyone! Thank you for the birthday wishes! I really appreciate it! One year closer to not being a "teen"! Pretty crazy. P day actually ended up being on my birthday because yesterday was bank holiday so we had to move it to today. Anyways this week was a lot of fun and we had some really good lessons as well. 

This week I was able to go on exchanges with our Zone leaders to York and worked there for a couple days. All of the University students are there and they are so fun to teach. When we went finding we brought a life sized cardboard cutout of President Obama and used him to knock doors and what not. People loved him and so many people let us in to teach them. University areas seem to be a lot more friendly than the places we usually go finding haha. But I was able to learn a lot from the exchange. The main thing was to just be yourself when teaching people. I learned to throw in personality while teaching because no one likes someone who just recites doctrine and then leaves once they finish their chat. The main thing with missionary work I have learned is to get people interested by being interesting. That's why we go around with things like Obama and use fun approaches because it gets people interested. 

Along with exchanges we had an all mission meeting. These are very rare and might happen once a year, if that. At the meeting we found out that we will be getting IPads in our mission which is very surprising. Our president isn't very fond of technology, but at the meeting he took a selfie with one of the seventies. It was extremely funny! I have been surprised with how good of a sense of humor he has.  Unfortunately the IPads wont be here for another 2-3 months but they should do some good things for the mission.

I'm looking forward to the coming week. Today we have a lesson with our amazing investigators and our bishop is coming out with us. Along with that next week is mothers day so we get to all tell our moms how much we love them.............. Love you mom! :). Thanks everyone again for the support and birthday wishes. I hope you all have a great week! 

Elder Walter    

No comments:

Post a Comment