Trainee- If you read my last email you might recall that I am now training a brand new missionary. His name is Elder Warnick and he's from Spanish Fork Utah (3/4 companions from Utah now... I see a trend). He's a really good guy and has done well for having to put up with me so far. He has been baptized by fire and so far he is handling it really well. Even when the drunk homeless people come up to us, he still holds his ground haha.
Fun- So to get him out of his comfort zone I took him to town center on his second day in the field. We borrowed a chair from the chapel and stood on it and proceeded, like Samuel the Lamanite, to preached repentance to the people of Middlesbrough. It was a lot of fun and we actually found a few people out of it so I guess getting up on a soap box really does work sometimes!!
Before the other elders left the area, our Bishop came up to us and gave us each a shirt. He said he doesn't give the shirt out much so we should count ourselves lucky! The shirt (pic below) says "Keep Calm and Be A Mormon." I know my Mom will like that... cause you know... she like that kind of stuff haha.
Teaching- We had some good lessons with a few of our investigators. Jam is continuing to progress and has his interview for baptism next week. Lynn showed up to church and is still looking good for the 29th of August. When we taught Em we found out that she only had one cigarette that whole day! That was quite amazing to hear. We are continuing to work with her to help her overcome that struggle. The work is going very well right now. I am thankful for your prayers and know that they do work! Thank you again!
Party- So on the way to Jams house we got a text from a recent convert saying to go to his house instead. So we head over there and at first its just me and Elder Warnick with the recent convert but soon Iranians start pouring in along with the Sheffields. It basically turned into its own little Iranian get together... with us four Americans. A very random/fun/party event that happened in the middle of the week. I hope you enjoyed it :)
Well I hope everyone has a good week. Appreciate all of your letters and e-mails! Keep em coming! Talk to you later!
Elder Walter
| Calling repentance to the people of Middlesbrough! |
No comments:
Post a Comment