Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Trousers and Transfers

Hello everyone?!?! I hope you have had a wonderful week! Transfers have come and gone soooo stay tuned to hear the news.

Trousers---- One day this week I decided to tackle my companion. When I did so he threw himself back onto the ground bringing me with him. That's when I heard a loud pop. I look down and my trousers were ripped... with a pretty big hole. Then the next day my flat mate Elder Rogers decides to do a similar thing to me and lo and behold his trousers ripped as well. So that was pretty unfortunate. But luckily there are some members in the ward who were able to help fix them. All is well!

Teaching- We had some great teaching experiences this week. As of this week we have six scheduled investigators for the month of August. Some are really solid and ready for baptism and we have had lots of opportunities to help people. A highlight this week was that Em called us a few times to ask us questions about things she was reading in the Book of Mormon. It was really good to hear that she is striving to understand the scriptures and the gospel. We are also working with a new Iranian investigator. We will call him Jam. He attended a baptism for a recent convert and is now looking to be baptized on the 22nd. He came to church for the second time and really enjoyed it. We now have a total of seven (soon to be eight) Iranians in the ward. Soon we will open up an Iranian branch! Wouldn't that be cool!? 

Food for thought- The longer I have been out and the more that has happened, the more I wonder why England? Why here of all places? Why not America? South America? Africa? or Korea? Why here? I definitely don't have a for sure answer. But something we all know is that these callings are from God. Everyone is living in a specific area of the world for a specific reason. Why are you where you are now? The answer is simple...God has a reason for you to be there. But what is that reason? Well thats the harder part of the question. As we have found more and more people to share the gospel with, I have seen more of the reason I am here in England. Specifically the England, Leeds mission! I love it here!! 

Transfers- Well the moment you have all been waiting for. Will I stay or go?!?! On Sunday night I got a call from our mission president. I found out that I will be training here in Middlesbrough (training is when a more seasoned missionary has the opportunity to be a companion to a brand new missionary. Lots of responsibility to show him the ropes). I will meet him tomorrow so I don't know him yet but I am very excited! Unfortunately all of my flat mates are gone. They are shutting down one of the areas so now it is just going to be a two man area. I am sad about that but I am extremely excited for this opportunity to train! We have such good things going for us in terms of the work and it can only get better! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Thank you for the support and prayers. Till next week! 

Elder Walter

Just like Spongebob, Ben ripped his pants!

The Middlesbrough flat with the Sheffields





ripped pants    

No comments:

Post a Comment