Monday, October 5, 2015

Like birds headed east for the winter...

Hello everyone! I don't know about you but I thoroughly enjoyed conference. Three new apostles and just some great talks all around to go with another great week in the BORO! 

Our investigator B. is getting baptized this Saturday. He is such a good and humble man and was so prepared to hear the gospel. He just keeps telling us how excited he is. Its been amazing to see his knowledge progress and, like I said before, even though there is a language barrier, he just gets it and understands all we have been teaching him. Our other investigator S. is doing great. He really enjoyed the priesthood session of conference. He is also very excited to be baptized towards the end of this month. 

We have been getting along really well with our Kurdish brothers so we are planning to have an arm wrestling competition at the end of this month with all of them. It will kind of be a goodbye party, but its going to be lots of fun. I am really talking up my strength here because some of these Kurds are like cage fighters and stuff so I don't think I am going to win. 

Conference was great! Did anyone else see President Monson towards the end of his talk? That was intense but it just increased my testimony of him as a prophet of God. My favorite talk was by Neil L. Anderson during the priesthood session. He talked about how Faith is not by chance, but is a choice. He talked about how living our life either increases or diminishes our faith. So lets all live our lives in a way to grow our faith every day! 

In my last letter I talked about an injured flat mate. It turns out that he is going to have to go home for a little while so his foot can recover but he will eventually be back in the field. So we are thinking that me and Elder Warnick might be turning into a trio with our other flatmate Elder Amende, who's from New Zealand. We will just have to wait and see. 

I cannot believe that it is already October. Time is just flying like a bird heading east for the winter. It is incredible. Well I hope you all have a great week and look back on the words that were spoken this weekend. BYE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment