So I went on an exchange with one of my zone leaders, Elder Miles, this week. We have worked around each other the past three transfers so we know each other pretty well. This week, while on exchange, we were able to see a miracle. While we were waiting for a bus one night it was late and freezing and there really wasn't anyone around. Then this guy shows up and we started a conversation and he was so excited to talk to us. His name is S. and he basically told us that he knows there is something he needs in his life and if Mormonism is the answer then he will join. He has seen the Book of Mormon Musical so he knows a good amount about the church. haha The next day we went over to teach him and his brother. At first the lesson seemed to be them tearing apart the church so I was worried that he wasn't actually sincere. But at one point one of them says I will give you five minutes to convince me to be a Mormon. So after some thought I decide to talk to them about life after earth. What our eternal destiny is. I never though I would go into so much detail on a first lesson but I did. After I said what I did they both looked at each other and said "that makes sense" then the whole dynamic of the lesson changed and we were able to schedule them for baptism on Dec. 19!
On Wednesday we got a new addition to our beast of a district. Elder Liss from Colorado who will be speaking Chinese joined us. So we have a total of five people in the flat now. The district now consists of eleven people and is the biggest district in the mission if I am not mistaken. But each person is amazing and we all work hard and have a good time. With three missionaries in the flat speaking Chinese to each other, I feel like I will speak Chinese once I leave England. I will be able to speak Chinese, English, and Kurdish!!! .... Kidding
The work is going very well like I said. Along with S. and his brother J. we were also able to schedule C., a uni student here in York. He is very open minded and when we first offered him the date of Dec. 19 he thought that it would take him a year to get his answer. Thankfully we got the date down to Jan. 9. But we are still very excited for all of our investigators we are working with right now.
There is so much more I want to talk about but I have no time!! Tomorrow I head down to Leeds so I get to see some old friends so I am really excited for that. The work is great. Thank you for all of your prayers. I love and miss all of you! Happy Thanksgiving!
Elder Walter
| No shave November? |
| He promised me he will go buy new shoes today! |
No comments:
Post a Comment