Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Zone Conference

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The work is going great! We are still working with some incredible people. One of our recent converts sons has been progressing a lot. His name is J. HE isn't baptized yet but he wants to serve a mission. We are looking to hopefully help him to be baptized by the end of this transfer.
P. came to church this week and he loved it as usual. He is still progressing really nicely and we found out that he doesn't drink tea or coffee!!! (Which is almost unheard of in this country) so that was a little miracle.
This week we really wanted to find someone new to teach. On Saturday we prayed really hard and focused all of our efforts to find someone new. We then travelled to an outer village and began knocking for the next few hours. We worked pretty hard with not much success until we knocked on this older mans door. We were able to start a conversation with him and had a good laugh. He then expressed to us how his wife recently passed away. We were then able to teach and testify that he will be able to see his wife again through the Saviour. It was a really powerful lesson and we felt the spirit really strong. We will be seeing him in just a couple of days.
HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS!

Well this was our last zone conference with President Pilkington. It was great. There was an incredible spirit there. It is going to be sad to see President go but there are always good things in store for us in the future. Here are some things I learned from the conference...President pulled out a candle that was lit and told us to think as hard as we can to put the fire out. He waited a bit but nothing happened. Then he licked his finger and put the fire out. He said "No amount of positive thinking in the world can put out that candle, it takes action and work to get things done." Since I have been on my mission I have seen the results of great meetings and not so great meetings. The great meetings always have an action plan at the end with some follow-up and focused on for a long period of time. A not so great meeting may be uplifting but once the meeting is over everyone goes back home and doesn't do anything about it. In the end, valuable time was wasted because there was no result from the meeting. Something I want to do as a result of zone conference is to become more creative, meaning that I will come up with specific but creative action plans in order to produce a result. In whatever calling/meeting I am in I want to contribute enough to make a difference. I want to continue to stay positive but turn that energy into action and, in turn, make things better than I found them.

At the zone conference I was able to see all the guys again. Elder Manu'a was there along with basically all of my former flat mates and companions which was great! I have a pic with some of them.

Well it was a fun week and we have some good things in store for us in the next one. Thanks for all the support everyone! I love you!

Elder Walter

ME and Elder Manu'a
The Beverley Minster
"Finding Faith in Christ" video. That's the owl, Arthur!




No comments:

Post a Comment