Hey family!
This week truly was nothing short of exciting, scary, stressful, and awesome.
We saw our friend Yasmin enter the waters of baptism which was fantastic but I will get back to the baptismal experience shortly.
We were blessed this week to have a lot of opportunities to get in and teach the gospel. One effective way we have been able to get in doors this week was with my shoes. They are in such a pathetic state that if I mention how I need to sit down because of the massive gaping hole in them, we get invited in and have the opportunity to teach. Gotta love the shoes!
Our really good friend Alex is going to be baptised this next weekend so we are mega pumped for that. Our friendship with Alex started my first day in Sheffield on the bus. It's so crazy what can happen from one conversation.
I have been asked to give a talk in a couple Sundays just about my mission and what I have learned. So I started thinking about it and it's just crazy to look back at all of the experiences that I have had. I can't believe how these two years are almost up! I was talking with my old companion Elder Manu'a earlier in the week about experiences we had when we were together. Like the time I got whipped by some kids, teaching a possessed guy, finding a wonderful lady named Sue who got baptised, and rapping to people on the street. Through it all I found out how to have fun while working hard. I haven't loved every moment of my mission, no one does, but I look back on all of those moments and I love what I learned from them.
Oh yeah the baptism. Well first of all the day of the baptism was a trial by fire. We don't need to get into it but just know it was a trial by fire. So the baptism was going right on schedule. Yasmin got baptised and it was looking good but as I go out into the hall there were 2 police officers there. They took someone at the baptism away to help them out. It was not for anything bad but the fact that they came made the day even better. Then once the baptism was over there was another one happening shortly after so they fill the font just slightly but turned on the tap and forgot about it. Next thing we knew there was a flood in the hall of the church... definitely some interesting events to top off one crazy day. Love ya! Elder Walter
No comments:
Post a Comment