We are still working with S. and her family. Sadly we were only able to see them a couple times this week but they were still good lessons nonetheless. As they continue reading as a family, they are seeing the benefits that come from the gospel of Jesus Christ. A. had us over for a meal the other day and it was bomb. He made some kind of Portuguese specialty. I can't remember what it was called but it was pretty good. We were able to meet his partner M. for the first time as well. She is interested in learning more and she said some of her friends would be as well. We found a girl named A. this week. She is a young mom who is basically looking for purpose in her life. We were only able to meet with her a couple times but she has some real desire and has been trying to read the Book of Mormon. (Though it is hard for her to understand).
This week we had our last one on one interview with president Pilkington. He leaves in about 4 weeks. We talked about a number of things and one in particular was that I must be loyal to the new mission president. As I have said before how inspired our leaders are in the church is something I never really recognized before my mission but now i see how important it is to be loyal and obedient.
This transfer I was pretty sure that I was going to be staying in Hull. But things change. I will be leaving to an area still in the Hull stake called Beverley. My new companion will be elder iakopo a Samoan Australian. Just like elder Manu'a... Oh no. Haha. I have been serving around elder iakopo for the past 3 months so I am really excited to be his companion. The new area I am in is really posh and there are a lot of small villages that we go to. This is going to be a big change from the areas I am used to but I am ready for the challenge.
Sadly this meant that it was goodbye to all of the investigators, members, and recent converts I have come to love. They are a great ward filled with great people. Hopefully I will see them again in this life. I know I will see them in the next 😃.
Well I love you all! Thanks for the support. Love life and live it to the fullest or something like that!
Elder Walter
| Ben and his new comp (sitting to his left) |
No comments:
Post a Comment