Tuesday, May 10, 2016

QUITE eventful week

Wow what a week it has been!! It was so fun to Skype! I was shocked at how tall Brooke was, but other than that, everyone is still their same crazy selves... especially Jake... 
We are preparing for QUITE an eventful week coming up with baptisms, meetings, and KNOCKING!!! 

W. and P.- Have both passed their baptismal interviews!!! That means that they will both be getting baptized this Friday. P. has started walking to church which only takes him about 30 minutes but it is a great indication of someone's conversion if they are willing to walk to church. W. gets there on his motorized scooter that is the size of a monster truck. It is a beast. They are both really excited for the baptism and we have been doing some major preparations in order to make it as good as we can! 

We have seen a lot of miracles and have been able to teach a lot of lessons this week. We are working to make our lessons shorter but more frequent throughout the week and have been able to teach some quick and powerful lessons. On Sunday we had a lesson with A. He is a super cool guy from Portugal. We haven't been able to see him as frequently as we would like but we went by and stayed only 20 minutes and taught about Faith and obedience and it was very powerful. We've also taught some hands on lessons using fire... I wish I had time to explain so I will try to take a picture of one next week. 

In a meeting we had this past week we brought our Bishop to give some instruction on how to be a successful/obedient missionary. He has served 3 missions and is a former mission President.. so he knows a little bit about missionary work.
I asked him what 3 qualities make a good missionary, he said:
1. They use their time wisely. They are always looking for opportunities to teach. A moment is not wasted on something that could be ineffective. Always testifying of Christ. 
2. They are charitable. They love their companions and the people they teach. They show this through their actions by helping everyone they can. 
3. Confidence. Don't be prideful but expect to have success. Expect to be a good missionary. Lead by example and have a good attitude. 
I thought those 3 things were relevant to what I need to improve on. I am trying my best to take them to heart and make these last 9 months the best. 

For some reason we have ran into a lot of situations where people want to Bible Bash. The only thing I learned from these conversations was that the church is true and that Bible Bashing gets you nowhere... Yep 

The days have been flying by! I cant believe its already May. But its been a really good and rewarding week/transfer/year. We have seen so many cool things. The Lord really is behind this work. Without Him there would be no success. I am so grateful for the people I have been blessed to meet and teach so far and I cant wait to meet many more! Love you guys! 

Elder Walter 

With Elder Wright from Sac town!! 
On exchange with Elder Faingata'a 
Destroying the Pinata (thanks Susie!)




No comments:

Post a Comment