Monday, May 23, 2016

The Plague

Well this has just flown by! Another week in the books!!! This next week is transfers and I cannot believe how fast it has come. Its almost JUNE! 

We are working with the most hilarious family...S. and her daughters and their boyfriends. We have been working with them for the past 3 weeks or so. This past week we sent them a short scripture every day to read as a family. As we followed up with them they shared that it brought them closer together as a family and everyone is just happier... That was pretty cool. A joke that I have with S is that I am her adopted son. I call her mom all the time. "Mom, can you read this scripture for us." It annoys her but its really funny. (Don't worry Mom (Robynn) its all a joke :))

We are still working with A. the man from Portugal. He is doing great as well. We have been sending him daily scriptures to read and he was telling us how much better his days are when he reads. The only bummer is that he is very busy with school so its hard to see him consistently. 
We are working with others as well but most of the rest of this week was either spent finding or indoors. 

The zone this week was hit hard with an illness. My companion along with 5 other teams were sick for the latter half of the week. It has been rough and we are praying that no one else gets sick.. I mean, we got work to do!! 

Our Recent Converts P. and W. cam to stake conference which was an hour drive away in a place called Grimsby... I know Grim. Our President spoke at it and his message was great! (as usual). The crazy thing is that he only has a few more weeks left of his mission before we get a new mission president.. Its really sad. President Pilkington is so obedient to the white handbook, which can make you unpopular in some peoples eyes, but he does it out of pure obedience to the Lord. He has been a great example to me and has taught me the importance of obedience not only on my mission but in life. He spoke to us about overcoming our weaknesses. For example, for me its being American (according to him). That's a joke by the way haha. 
He also spoke on overcoming our weaknesses thorough courage and how it can change our lives and the lives of others as well. 

Well that's it for today. Have a good week everyone! I love you all!! 

Elder Walter 

I don't even know how to caption this....

No comments:

Post a Comment