Sunday, July 3, 2016

Trump

"I think I am going to wrap it in aluminium" (An English person)

"You mean aluminum" (Me)

"OH MY GOSH, AMERICANS!" (An English person)


The work was sooo good this week! Two of our investigators made some significant progress that is worth noting. M came to church again on Sunday with his friend C. (who is a recent convert) and they talked to us about baptism. They said that M. is ready to take things seriously and make some goals and changes in his life in order to be baptized. We were pretty happy to hear that news and we will be seeing both of them tonight. J is the young man who wants to serve a mission but is not yet baptized. This week we had a really good lesson with him. I gave him my iPad and asked him to put a date down where he thinks he could get baptized. I thought he was going to put the date in 2018 or something like that but he set it for next month on the 16th! I was impressed with his maturity and dedication. We are working to help him reach his goal!


Last P-day while we are shopping a lady comes up to Elder Iakopo and asks "Do you administer to non-members"... Elder Iakopo said "I don't know what that means" haha that guy! We actually found out that she used to be a member and she was going through a rough time so we were able to go by her place with her boyfriend and gave her a blessing. It taught me to always be prepared to use the priesthood.

I cant count how many times this will happen at a door:

"Where are you from?" (Man at the door asking me)
"I am from California" (My response)
"OH my... What do you think about Donald Trump?"

Every other conversation!!! haha. I don't know anything about Trump but people always ask me about him. There has been a big referendum here in England. The vote was to see if they were going to stay in Europe or not. There were big campaigns on both sides and everyone had a very strong opinion on the matter. The vote happened and England is out of the EU. So I don't know what that means but its quite a big deal over here. I don't think I will see any changes while I am still in England but maybe in the future. Just an English update for you.


Transfers are coming up so by next P-Day we will know if any changes are taking place... so exciting! I have been rubbish at taking pictures lately so enjoy this picture of me and good ol William!
Love you all!


Elder Walter



No comments:

Post a Comment